The establishment of the Public Service Integrity and Corruption control unit under the Public Service Office is imperative as it marked the seriousness and commitment of the Government of Kiribati to combat corruption domestically and also as part of its contribution to the international community in the global fight against corruption.
- To strive towards building a public service that actively despise corruption.
- To promote the principles of the UNCAC (Kiribati party to it since 2013) and
- To promote the ethical values of transparency, accountability and Integrity as a means of curbing corruption across.
- To enforce legislations & policies related to anti-corruption.
- Our mandate is centrally to combat and prevent corruption and economic crime through the creation of preventive measures and standards, educational awareness programs and enforcement of law.